Kickstarter's Journey Part 1: Introduction


I've decided to document my attempt at running a successful kickstarter campaign.  Although I've wanted to write about this for some time (I'm quite a ways into development), I've been hesitant to start.  That's because, if all goes to plan, great; but if the kickstarter fails, then so do I... publicly.  These posts then become a tombstone to my folly, forever reminding the world that a lot of hard work was put into something that ultimately failed.

But then I remembered, my end goal isn't too build a shrine to myself.  In the end, I just want to play good games.  I just want indie self-publishers (in any field) to succeed.  I believe in the kickstarter model.  So hopefully you can learn from my successes and/or my missteps.  Hopefully this gives you the courage to take that idea and bring it a step closer to life.

I'm going to start this series off by moving backwards.  Like I said, at this point, I'm closer to the kickstarter launch than I am creation, but I've already learned so much.  Maybe, from hearing my story, you will to.

My next post will be about how I came up with the idea for my game, and why I decided to move forward with it.  Enjoy!


Find more entries here.